Website leanspace_io Leanspace
Leanspace is a European space company which has built the first cloud platform for space missions. Our cloud services enable aerospace engineers to easily build powerful cloud-native software and to migrate space systems to the cloud. Our customers are some of the hottest NewSpace companies in the world, and also large established space organizations, ranging from satellite operators for earth observation, in-orbit services and IoT, to launcher companies and software integrators.
Having raised so far 8.5M€, and backed by world-class VC firms such as Karista and 42CAP, we are building an ambitious, diverse and international company with respect and ownership at the core. Today with a team of 40 (19 nationalities!), we are scaling up quickly to reach 50 by 2023, with the goal of further developing the platform and bringing it to the global space market.
We are based in Strasbourg, France, a beautiful and vibrant city that offers a rich culture, easy access to nature and a fast-growing startup scene. Strasbourg is a highly international city, host of the European institutions, and located at the heart of Europe, near Germany and Switzerland.
We are looking for enthusiastic folks who want to make an impact, come join us!
We are recruiting many Java Spring Developers with different levels of experience. Experience in Java, Spring, JPA and Maven is essential. Experience with the other technologies listed below will help qualify for higher seniority level.
Your mission at Leanspace:
- You will play a key role in our R&D activities, embedded in one of our product development teams, designing and building Java spring microservices, according to your experience level.
- You will work with other back-end developers to deliver the solution according to our engineering standards.
- You will help review the code of other developers, checking whether they meet our best practices for engineering, such as Spring usage, microservice development code patterns, unit testing, and clean coding practices.
- You will work with the front-end developers and QA on your team, to ensure the overall quality of the services.
- Junior developers (2-4 yrs) to have solid Java skills, exposure to Spring, and a strong drive to learn.
- Intermediate developers (5-7 yrs) to be independent and autonomous builders with strong Java Spring skills.
- Senior developers (8+ years) to be strong solution designers, with deep Java Spring skills and the ability to mentor other developers who will help build their designs.
Technologies we use. We expect you to have experience with several of the technologies in our stack, more if you are more experienced, or a proven ability to learn new software skills quickly:
- Java development: i.e. Java 11, JVM, IntelliJ, Maven, Nexus
- Container development and management: i.e. Docker, ECS, Kubernetes,
- Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Spring JPA, Hibernate, Flyway, Spring security, unit test and mocking frameworks.
- REST-based microservice development and API design, i.e. Swagger, OpenAPI and JWT.
- Database back-ends: i.e., mySQL, Postgresql
- Queuing systems: RabbitMQ, SQS or similar.
- Code management tools: git, jira, bitbucket, etc.
We expect you to have the following skills as well
- Experience working in Agile Scrum teams.
- Fluent in English.
- Living in, or willing to relocate to Strasbourg.
You will have the opportunity to learn the technologies above while working for Leanspace, as well as these technologies:
- AWS development, using ECS, ECR, cloudformation, AWS Lambda, Kinesis, Opensearch.
- Big data technologies: i.e., noSQL databases, stream processing (Kafka, Kinesis, Spark)
- Searching and caching technologies: ElasticSearch, Redis
- Space sector technologies, protocols, systems and algorithms.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE YOUR JOB
We can promise:
- Our co-workers are a close-knit, intelligent, and awesome team
- We are a fast-growth space tech startup; you will have a direct impact on the future of space!
- We are developing a highly innovative software, which will disrupt the space industry, and that will manage satellites, rockets, lunar and deep-space missions
- A stock options plan that will make you a shareholder and reap the financial benefit of our success
- An open mind for new ideas and innovation, your voice will be heard!
- We provide assistance to relocation and help with the visa process
- A family-friendly environment, flexibility in working hours and the possibility to work remotely part of the time