Website leanspace_io Leanspace
Leanspace is a European space company which has built the first cloud platform for space missions. Our cloud services enable aerospace engineers to easily build powerful cloud-native software and to migrate space systems to the cloud. Our customers are some of the hottest NewSpace companies in the world, and also large established space organizations, ranging from satellite operators for earth observation, in-orbit services and IoT, to launcher companies and software integrators.
Having raised so far 8.5M€, and backed by world-class VC firms such as Karista and 42CAP, we are building an ambitious, diverse and international company with respect and ownership at the core. Today with a team of 40 (19 nationalities!), we are scaling up quickly to reach 50 by 2023, with the goal of further developing the platform and bringing it to the global space market.
We are based in Strasbourg, France, a beautiful and vibrant city that offers a rich culture, easy access to nature and a fast-growing startup scene. Strasbourg is a highly international city, host of the European institutions, and located at the heart of Europe, near Germany and Switzerland.
We are looking for enthusiastic folks who want to make an impact, come join us!
As part of the structuration of our Product department, we are recruiting an experienced Product Manager with a track record in the space industry, a deep expertise in spacecraft operations, and a business-oriented strategic mindset, to drive the development of our cloud services and their go-to-market strategy.
You will own the domain of mission operations software, looking at TT&C systems, ground networks management systems, mission control systems, mission planning systems, flight dynamics systems, etc. The Leanspace cloud services are generic software functions, agnostic to use cases and to the products customers build with them. As owner of the mission operations domain, your key objective will be to ensure that our cloud services and our solutions fit expectations of the market, solve customers problems, and provide the ROI we want as a business.
Together with the CEO and other relevant stakeholders you will contribute to shape the strategy, vision and roadmap of the relevant Leanspace cloud services (including but not limited to: Routes, Bitstreams, Metrics, Commands, Dashboards, Monitors, Activities, Logs…). You will interact with the POs (Product Owners) and the R&D teams, as well as with Sales, Marketing and Customer Success as domain expert. Finally, you will be the public face of Leanspace in the context of mission operations!
We encourage international talents to apply (no nationalities excluded). We make it easy, by getting for you and your family a FrenchTech Visa and by providing financial and logistical support for your relocation, as well as guidance from our already highly international team.
Your role at Leanspace :
- Anticipate market trends and capture user needs, by engaging with customers, prospects, partners and academic experts across the globe;
- Formulate new features for our cloud services, and if needed conceive new cloud services;
- Collaborate with Product Owners to run the incubation of features and communicating contexts and user needs to the team;
- Shape templates products (solutions, starter-kits) to provide our customers a starting point (e.g: a mission control software for smallsats);
- Monitor competition in the field of mission operation software, anticipating threats, defining differentiators, and shaping business strategies;
- Prepare business plans, defining market positioning, customer segmentation, estimating development budgets, supporting pricing, and so ensuring a profitable ROI;
- Support Sales and Customer Success, by joining customer meetings to bring your domain expertise to help onboard and grow customers;
- Write specialised product marketing content (use cases, success stories, white papers) relevant to your field of mission operations;
- Publically represent Leanspace in the world of mission operations, through conferences, public speeches and panels.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant engineering field (e.g. aerospace, software)
- At least 5 years of professional experience in the space industry
- Strong knowledge of space operations, with experience either as flight controller, spacecraft engineer, ground station engineer, ground segment architect or software engineer.
- Business-oriented strategic mindset, you love solving real problems and creating profitable business opportunities
- You have an established professional network in the space industry
- You burn to challenge the status quo, innovate, coming up with new tools and processes
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and business stakeholders, and to drive teams through negotiation and persuasion, not by power
- Fluency in English, written and spoken
- Based in, or open to relocate to the Strasbourg area (including nearby German or Swiss cities)
- You have experience with Product Management, ideally with digital products
- You have experience with commercial roles – e.g. sales, business development, marketing
- You have been exposed to several operational contexts – you know the difference between operating an IOD, satellite constellations, rocket launches, or lunar rovers
- …you like to play strategy games
WHY YOU’LL LOVE YOUR JOB
We are a fast-growth space tech startup; you will have a direct impact on the future of space! Our co-workers are a close-knit, intelligent, and awesome team. Together we are developing a highly innovative software, which will disrupt the space industry across many use cases, ranging from satellites, to rockets, lunar and deep-space missions. We highly value new ideas and innovation, your voice will be heard!
You will benefit from our stock options plan that will make you a shareholder and reap the financial benefit of our success, assistance to relocation and help with the visa process, and a family-friendly environment, flexibility in working hours and the possibility to work remotely part of the time.