Leanspace is a European space company which has built the first cloud platform for space missions. Our cloud services enable aerospace engineers to easily build powerful cloud-native software and to migrate space systems to the cloud. Our customers are some of the hottest NewSpace companies in the world, and also large established space organizations, ranging from satellite operators for earth observation, in-orbit services and IoT, to launcher companies and software integrators.
Having raised so far 8.5M€, and backed by world-class VC firms such as Karista and 42CAP, we are building an ambitious, diverse and international company with respect and ownership at the core. Today with a team of 25 (13 nationalities!), we are scaling up quickly to reach 50 by 2023, with the goal of further developing the platform and bringing it to the global space market.
We are based in Strasbourg, France, a beautiful and vibrant city that offers a rich culture, easy access to nature and a fast-growing startup scene. Strasbourg is a highly international city, host of the European institutions, and located at the heart of Europe, near Germany and Switzerland.
We are looking for enthusiastic folks who want to make an impact, come join us!
Your mission at Leanspace:
- You will own the end-to-end bid management process, from documentation receipt to timely delivery, both for French & European grant applications and customer RFPs.
- You will identify bid opportunities together with the commercial team, manage strategy meetings, drive the bid coordination and administration, write content, coordinate stakeholders’ input and manage the proposal development schedule and timeline to ensure successful, high-quality delivery of client-ready documents.
- Identify institutional grants & programs and manage the application process, both in France and Europe
- Manage the end-to-end coordination of complex bids, including assembling a bid team, RFP analysis, bid/no bid decisions, proposal timelines, proposal outlines, win strategy development, financials preparation and writing proposal responses
- Develop and maintain a strong working knowledge of our products & services, business strategies and competition
- Write compelling content, highlighting key differentiators and coordinating experts’ input
- Ensure key business strategies and selling messages are developed and clarified for proposals
- Contribute to proposal database repository including frequently asked questions, templates and examples
- Contribute to the development of tools, systems and processes to improve efficiency and quality
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant engineering field
- At least 3 years of experience as a Bid Manager for grant applications and/or customer RFPs
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with both technical and business stakeholders
- Attention to detail, follow-up, and resolution
- Excellent time & project management skills, with the ability to deliver to tight deadlines
- Natural ability to build relationships inside and outside the team
- Excellent communication, written and spoken in English and French is essential
- Based in, or willing to relocate to the Strasbourg area
- You have worked in the space industry
- Business development experience
- Cloud-based enterprise software experience
- You have worked in a space startup
- You have managed complex bids for space agencies or European institutions
- Exposure to both established and NewSpace organisations
- Passion to enable the future space economy
WHY YOU’LL LOVE YOUR JOB
We can promise:
- Our co-workers are a close-knit, intelligent, and awesome team
- We are a fast-growth space tech startup; you will have a direct impact on the future of space!
- We are developing a highly innovative software, which will disrupt the space industry, and that will manage satellites, rockets, lunar and deep-space missions
- A stock options plan that will make you a shareholder and reap the financial benefit of our success
- An open mind for new ideas and innovation, your voice will be heard!
- We provide assistance to relocation and help with the visa process
- A family-friendly environment, flexibility in working hours and the possibility to work remotely part of the time