Leanspace is a European space company which has built the first cloud platform for space missions. Our cloud services enable aerospace engineers to easily build powerful cloud-native software and to migrate space systems to the cloud. Our customers are some of the hottest NewSpace companies in the world, and also large established space organizations, ranging from satellite operators for earth observation, in-orbit services and IoT, to launcher companies and software integrators.
Having raised so far 8.5M€, and backed by world-class VC firms such as Karista and 42CAP, we are building an ambitious, diverse and international company with respect and ownership at the core. Today with a team of 25 (13 nationalities!), we are scaling up quickly to reach 50 by 2023, with the goal of further developing the platform and bringing it to the global space marke
We are based in Strasbourg, France, a beautiful and vibrant city that offers a rich culture, easy access to nature and a fast-growing startup scene. Strasbourg is a highly international city, host of the European institutions, and located at the heart of Europe, near Germany and Switzerland.
We are looking for enthusiastic folks who want to make an impact, come join us!
Your mission at Leanspace:
- You will play a key role in our R&D activities, in direct collaboration with the CTO and VP Engineering.
- You will work with the Product Owners and a UI/UX design Lead to design the applications. You will lead a frontend development team, following an agile process.
- You will help define the best practices for state handling, component development, unit testing, and clean coding practices.
- You will mentor other UI developers to deliver the solutions according to our engineering standards.
- Expert in React, JSX, ES6 and Typescript.
- Expert in CSS, LESS, SASS, npm, yarn.
- Expert in single page app design with complex state management between components.
- Experience with state management libraries such as react-query, redux or apollo-graphql
- Experience in designing from scratch complex business applications
- Ability to review code from other developers, mentor junior UI developers.
- Code management tools: git, jira, etc.
- Experience working in Agile teams.
- Experience or interest in progressing to a team leadership position.
- Interest for the space sector.
- Fluent in English.
- Based in, or willing to relocate to the Strasbourg area (including nearby German or Swiss cities)
- Experience with Ant Design or other UI component libraries
- Experience with User Experience Design: Figma, Sketch, Adobe xd…
- Other frontend frameworks: Angular, Vue, Svelte…
- Material UI and other component library experience
- Nodejs back-end development
- AWS development, especially Lambda functions
- Experience with enterprise software for engineering (e.g. industry 4.0, design tools, assets monitoring, engineering processes)
- Exposure to the space sector and understanding of the challenges of space missions
WHY YOU’LL LOVE YOUR JOB
We can promise:
- Our co-workers are a close-knit, intelligent, and awesome team
- We are a fast-growth space tech startup; you will have a direct impact on the future of space!
- We are developing a highly innovative software, which will disrupt the space industry, and that will manage satellites, rockets, lunar and deep-space missions
- A stock options plan that will make you a shareholder and reap the financial benefit of our success
- An open mind for new ideas and innovation, your voice will be heard!
- We provide assistance to relocation and help with the visa process
- A family-friendly environment, flexibility in working hours and the possibility to work remotely part of the time