Leanspace is a European space company which has built the first cloud platform for space missions. Our cloud services enable aerospace engineers to easily build powerful cloud-native software and to migrate space systems to the cloud. Our customers are some of the hottest NewSpace companies in the world, and also large established space organizations, ranging from satellite operators for earth observation, in-orbit services and IoT, to launcher companies and software integrators.
Having raised so far 8.5M€, and backed by world-class VC firms such as Karista and 42CAP, we are building an ambitious, diverse and international company with respect and ownership at the core. Today with a team of 25 (13 nationalities!), we are scaling up quickly to reach 50 by 2023, with the goal of further developing the platform and bringing it to the global space market.
We are based in Strasbourg, France, a beautiful and vibrant city that offers a rich culture, easy access to nature and a fast-growing startup scene. Strasbourg is a highly international city, host of the European institutions, and located at the heart of Europe, near Germany and Switzerland.
We are looking for enthusiastic folks who want to make an impact, come join us!
Leading one of our scrum teams, you will take ownership of several of the platform’s products. You will contribute to shaping their scope and will manage their implementation roadmap, in collaboration with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), Product Managers, and the company’s Founders.
Your mission at Leanspace
- Structure the vision and the development roadmap of your products, with guidance from SMEs and aligning with the strategic vision and roadmap
- Coordinate the approval process of new features: you formulate the Epics, obtain effort estimates, collect in-depth user needs, confirm customers interest… and secure green light from the Product Board to build them
- Write User Stories to break down Epics into well-formulated pieces of work with clear acceptance criteria
- Communicate the vision to the development team and ensure all members have a clear picture of what to do. Bring-in domain experts when needed.
- Constantly prioritize the backlog, keeping the balance between delivering new features as per the roadmap and shipping bug fixes and small improvements as per customer requests
- Lead all scrum meetings: plannings, groomings, reviews, standups – making sure time is not wasted and nobody gets bored
- Coordinate involvement of stakeholders (SMEs, UX designers, architects…) to refine the product throughout the development
- Coordinate acceptance of all the developed features together with SMEs and QA
- Keep documentation up to date, from design documents to onboarding manuals
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Digital Project Management or other related fields.
- At least 2 years of experience as Product Owner (or similar role) with proven successes in releasing products and meeting business objectives
- Solid experience on B2B SaaS products (space knowledge is not mandatory)
- Some formal training or certifications in scrum, product management, or similar (such as PSPO)
- Fluency in English, written and spoken
- Proven ability to drive teams – through negotiation and persuasion, not by power
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with both technical and business stakeholders
- If you have experience in the space industry
- If you have already built software products for similar use cases, e.g. fleet management, IoT networks, big data, streaming and data processing, industry 4.0, simulators, engineering tools…
- If you have built API-first or PaaS products, where the users are software engineers
- If you like to play strategy games
WHY YOU’LL LOVE YOUR JOB
We can promise:
- Our co-workers are a close-knit, intelligent, and awesome team
- We are a fast-growth space tech startup; you will have a direct impact on the future of space!
- We are developing a highly innovative software, which will disrupt the space industry, and that will manage satellites, rockets, lunar and deep-space missions
- A stock options plan that will make you a shareholder and reap the financial benefit of our success
- An open mind for new ideas and innovation, your voice will be heard!
- We provide assistance to relocation and help with the visa process
- A family-friendly environment, flexibility in working hours and the possibility to work remotely part of the time