Website leanspace_io Leanspace
Leanspace is a European space company which has built the first cloud platform for space missions. Our cloud services enable aerospace engineers to easily build powerful cloud-native software and to migrate space systems to the cloud. Our customers are some of the hottest NewSpace companies in the world, and also large established space organizations, ranging from satellite operators for earth observation, in-orbit services and IoT, to launcher companies and software integrators.
Having raised so far 10M€, and backed by world-class VC firms such as Karista and 42CAP, we are building an ambitious, diverse and international company with respect and ownership at the core. Today with a team of 40 (20 nationalities!), we are now consolidating with a few last key hires before starting next year with a new scaling up phase to further develop the platform and bring it to the global space market.
We are based in Strasbourg, France, a beautiful and vibrant city that offers a rich culture, easy access to nature and a fast-growing startup scene. Strasbourg is a highly international city, host of the European institutions, and located at the heart of Europe, near Germany and Switzerland.
We are looking for top engineering talents to help us digitalize the space industry. Join us!
Leading one of our scrum teams, you will take ownership of several of the platform’s cloud services focused on ingestion, processing and management of space data. You will contribute to shaping their scope and will manage their implementation roadmap, in collaboration with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), Product Managers, and the Engineering team.
You don’t need to know about space, but you must know how to efficiently build B2B, API-first software. Your main objective will be to provide your development team with a crystal-clear backlog of user stories, perfectly in line with both the global roadmap and customer expectations, so that we can maximize the output of your team and the satisfaction of its members.
You will be the facilitator who coordinates vision, roadmap, and delivery with many product stakeholders: product management, subject matter experts, architects, designers, developers, testers, customers… Your passion is to build the best products possible, as fast as possible.
The position is full-time and is based in our Headquarters near Strasbourg, with part-time remote working possible.
- Contribute to the vision and the development roadmap of the web services in your domain, working closely with PMs and SMEs to support them in the discovery process
- Coordinate the approval of new features for the design and delivery phases, working closely with engineering leads and SMEs
- Communicate the vision to the development team and ensure all members have a clear picture of what to do. Bring-in domain experts when needed.
- Write User Stories to break down Epics into well-formulated pieces of work with clear acceptance criteria
- Constantly prioritize the backlog, keeping the balance between delivering new features as per the roadmap and shipping bug fixes and small improvements as per customer requests
- Lead all scrum meetings: plannings, groomings, reviews, standups – making sure time is not wasted and nobody gets bored
- Coordinate involvement of stakeholders (SMEs, UX designers, architects…) to refine the product throughout the development
- Coordinate acceptance of all the developed features together with SMEs and QA
- Keep documentation up to date, from design documents to onboarding manuals
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Digital Project Management or other related fields.
- At least 2 years of experience as Product Owner (or similar role) with proven successes in releasing products and meeting business objectives
- Some formal training or certifications in scrum, product management, or similar (such as PSPO)
- Fluency in English, written and spoken
- Proven ability to drive teams – through negotiation and persuasion, not by power
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with both technical and business stakeholders
- if you have experience on B2B SaaS products (space knowledge is not mandatory)
- if you have experience with API-first products, where the users are software engineers
- If you have already built software products for similar use cases, e.g. fleet management, IoT networks, big data, streaming and data processing, industry 4.0, simulators, engineering tools…
- If you like to play strategy games 😉
- Create software that will be used operationally to design, build and fly satellites, rockets, and lunar missions. You will have a direct impact on the future of space exploration.
- Our co-workers are a close-knit, intelligent, and awesome team
- A family-friendly environment, flexibility in working hours and the possibility to work remotely part of the time
- We provide assistance to relocation and help with the visa process, if needed
- A stock options plan that will make you a shareholder and reap the financial benefit of our success
- Participation of 50% of subscriptions for commuting costs
- “Carte ticket restaurant” (meal voucher)