Leanspace is a European space startup developing a large-scale cloud platform that enables aerospace engineers to easily build space software. Our customers are some of the hottest NewSpace companies in the world, and also large established space organisations.
Having secured new funding and seeing fast-growing commercial traction, we are looking to ramp up our product development capabilities and hire experienced Product Owners to help us build this game-changing platform.
Context of the job
Our products are API-first web services. Using them, customers can build complex space software – e.g. to control satellites, plan operations, move space data, or simulate orbits – in no time. Leanspace is used to support the operation of satellites, rockets, ground stations, and other space assets.
Our value proposition is simple: putting together space software should be quick and easy – so that anyone can do it! We are on a mission: making space more accessible and enabling more people and more companies to join the space revolution.
Leanspace is based in Strasbourg, a beautiful and vibrant city that offers an amazing quality of life. Strasbourg is a highly international city at the crossroads of France, Germany, and Switzerland. It’s only 2 hours away from the space hubs of Darmstadt, Luxembourg and Paris. Strasbourg offers a rich culture, easy access to nature, wonderful gastronomy, and a fast-growing startup scene.
Leading one of our scrum teams, you will take ownership of several of the platform’s products. You will contribute to shaping their scope and will manage their implementation roadmap, in collaboration with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), Product Managers, and the company’s Founders.
You don’t need to know about space, but you must know how to efficiently build B2B software. Your main objective will be to provide your development team with a crystal-clear backlog of user stories, perfectly in line with both the global roadmap and customer expectations, so that we can maximize the output of your team and the satisfaction of its members.
You will be the facilitator who coordinates vision, roadmap, and delivery with many product stakeholders: product management, subject matter experts, architects, designers, developers, testers, customers… Your passion is to build the best products possible, as fast as possible.
The position is full-time and is based in our R&D centre at the International Space University campus, near Strasbourg, with part-time remote working possible.
- Structure the vision and the development roadmap of your products, with guidance from SMEs and aligning with the strategic vision and roadmap
- Coordinate the approval process of new features: you formulate the Epics, obtain effort estimates, collect in-depth user needs, confirm customers interest… and secure green light from the Product Board to build them
- Write User Stories to break down Epics into well-formulated pieces of work with clear acceptance criteria
- Communicate the vision to the development team and ensure all members have a clear picture of what to do. Bring-in domain experts when needed.
- Constantly prioritize the backlog, keeping the balance between delivering new features as per the roadmap and shipping bug fixes and small improvements as per customer requests
- Lead all scrum meetings: plannings, groomings, reviews, standups – making sure time is not wasted and nobody gets bored
- Coordinate involvement of stakeholders (SMEs, UX designers, architects…) to refine the product throughout the development
- Coordinate acceptance of all the developed features together with SMEs and QA
- Keep documentation up to date, from design documents to onboarding manuals
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Digital Project Management or other related fields.
- At least 2 years of experience as Product Owner (or similar role) with proven successes in releasing products and meeting business objectives
- Solid experience on B2B SaaS products (space knowledge is not mandatory)
- Some formal training or certifications in scrum, product management, or similar (such as PSPO)
- Fluency in English, written and spoken
- Proven ability to drive teams – through negotiation and persuasion, not by power
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with both technical and business stakeholders
- If you have experience in the space industry
- If you have already built software products for similar use cases, e.g. fleet management, IoT networks, big data, streaming and data processing, industry 4.0, simulators, engineering tools…
- If you have built API-first or PaaS products, where the users are software engineers
- If you like to play strategy games 😉
What we offer you
- Create software that will be used to design, build and fly satellites, rockets, and lunar missions. It will be hard to find a more sexy role!
- Enter a highly dynamic industry where many things are still to be invented. You will be a pioneer.
- Join a fast-growth tech startup, a close-knit team of top talents working together on a mission
- A dynamic, international and fun team with diversity as its DNA (already 10 nationalities!)
- A competitive salary package and stock options plan
- A family-friendly environment, flexibility in working hours, with the possibility to work remotely part of the time.