Make Your Mark in the Space Industry!
At Leanspace, a pioneering European space company, we are not just building a software platform; we are crafting the future of space missions. With our groundbreaking cloud services, aerospace engineers are revolutionising the way we integrate, test and operate satellites. Our client base ranges from cutting-edge NewSpace ventures to established players, running space programs to monitor Earth, provide internet or IoT connectivity from space, bring satellites to orbit, remove space debris… and many other exciting use cases.
Our team of 35+ members representing 17 nationalities is the driving force behind our success. Having raised €10m so far from top-tier investors and being backed by the French government and European institutions, we are on an ambitious journey to reshape the global space market.
We are expanding our business rapidly, and we need your expertise to further innovate our platform. Our team is based in Strasbourg, France, a beautiful and vibrant city that offers a rich culture, easy access to nature and a fast-growing startup scene. Strasbourg is a highly international city, host of the European institutions, and located at the heart of Europe, near Germany and Switzerland.
Be Part of something Bigger
In a nutshell, your purpose is to create, pursue and materialize opportunities to help our company grow and boost revenues. You will ideate and establish new strategies, targets and prospects, with the goal of creating short, mid and long-term value for our business.
You are a self-starter, who exudes confidence and enthusiasm, with an adaptable approach to the international market we operate in. You will be subtle but resilient, a dedicated listener but strong negotiator. You make things happen, not because it’s expected, but because that’s what makes you tick.
Your mission at Leanspace:
- Identify, qualify and nurture opportunities worldwide, until they become happy customers
- Use a consultative-selling approach, and bring together technical experts and partners to shape solutions to customer requirements
- Lead bid teams, composed of business and technical stakeholders, to prepare proposals as responses to RFPs
- Structure and negotiate agreements end-to-end, from contextual understanding of business challenges through to solution design and pricing
- Stay up-to-date on competition, new market trends, who are the new kids on the block, and detect new threats and opportunities
- Create and maintain long-standing relationships with space industry professionals, at all levels and in all kinds of organizations
- Contribute to the product roadmap by providing insights through your deep understanding of the market
- Support the Customer Success team to deliver extraordinary service to our customers
- Support the Marketing team to create and design campaigns, find leads and turn prospects into customers
What We Are Looking For
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in aerospace engineering or other engineering discipline
- At least 3 years of experience in the space industry
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with both technical and business stakeholders
- Strategic thinking and you think on your feet. You like learning new things, and you can learn quickly
- Accountable, energetic, hands-on problem solver, sharp attention to detail and can operate effectively under healthy pressure
- Natural ability to build relationships inside and outside the team
- Willingness to travel to meet clients and attend industry events
- Based in, or willing to relocate to the Strasbourg area
- Fluent in English
- Experience in a customer-facing role, ideally in sales or business development
- Experience in cloud-based enterprise software
- Start-up or scale-up experience, comfortable operating in a fast changing environment
- Proven top-notch negotiation and persuasion skills
- Fluency in French, with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exposure to both established and NewSpace organisations
Why You Will Love Working With Us
- Be part of a fast-growing startup and accelerate your career
- Influence space exploration directly through your work on satellites, rockets, and lunar missions
- Assistance with relocation and help with the visa process if needed
- Enjoy a family-friendly environment, flexibility in working hours, and the possibility to work remotely two days a week
- Private health insurrance (Alan)
- Meal vouchs (Swile)
- Subsidies for commuting costs
- Close-knit culture with many social activities and team events