Leanspace is a European space startup developing a state-of-the-art cloud technology that enables aerospace engineers to easily build space software. Our customers are some of the hottest NewSpace companies in the world, and also established, large space organisations.
One of the key domains we work with is space operations – and the associated ground segments. Our value proposition is simple: putting together ground segments should be quick and easy.
Having secured new funding and currently experiencing a strong growth in our commercial traction, we are looking to hire a number of Ground Segment Engineers, to help us improve the product, deliver to customers, and take it to the global space market.
The company is based in Strasbourg, France, a beautiful and vibrant city that offers an amazing quality of life. Strasbourg is a highly international city at the crossroads of France, Germany, and Switzerland. It’s only 2 hours away from the space hubs of Darmstadt, Luxembourg and Paris. Strasbourg offers a rich culture, easy access to nature, wonderful gastronomy, and a fast-growing startup scene.
We are recruiting a Cloud Architect with in-depth experience in AWS infrastructure deployment and management.
You will play a key role in our R&D activities, in direct collaboration with the CTO and VP Engineering, to deliver and monitor our cloud platform. You will lead the set up and monitoring of our cloud infrastructure, primarily on AWS. You will work with the CTO to architect, design and deliver new infrastructure solutions as required for new platform features being built by our team. You will therefore have a hybrid role — primarily in operations in delivering our platform, but also in developing new features with the team. You will play a key role in assisting other developers with their feature design, to ensure it is maintainable, deployable and monitorable.
- Expert in AWS infrastructure deployment and management. AWS Certified DevOps Engineer qualified.
- Expert in infrastructure monitoring, with any tool like Datadog, New Relic, Splunk, etc.
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery practices.
- Ability to review infrastructure-as-a-code from other developers, help mentor junior developers.
- Code management tools: git, jira, bitbucket, etc.
- Experience working in Agile Scrum teams.
- Experience or interest in progressing to a team leadership position.
- Interest for the space sector.
- Fluent in English.
Based in, or willing to relocate in the Strasbourg area (including nearby German or Swiss cities)
At least a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant engineering field, and at least 3 years of experience in the Space industry.
Experience with ground segment engineering, as a developer of software systems (e.g. satellite control, mission planning, flight dynamics, ground network management, simulation frameworks, automation, constellation management, etc.), as a system engineer, or as a User of such ground segment systems
Fluent in English.
- Experience with Java Spring microservices is an asset.
- Experience with Azure, GCP or other cloud providers
- Experience with Kubernetes.
- Exposure to the space sector and understanding of the challenges of space mission
- You are based in, or willing to relocate to the Strasbourg
WE CAN PROMISE
- Create software that will be used operationally to design, build and fly satellites, rockets, and lunar missions. You will have a direct impact on the future of space exploration.
- Join a fast-growth tech startup as one of its first employees – the best way to fast-track your career.
- Benefit from a stock options plan that will make you become a shareholder and reap the financial benefit of Leanspace’s success.
- Enjoy a modern work/life balance with the possibility to work remotely.