Leanspace is a European space company which has built the first cloud platform for space missions. Our cloud services enable aerospace engineers to easily build powerful cloud-native software and to migrate space systems to the cloud. Our customers are some of the hottest NewSpace companies in the world, and also large established space organizations, ranging from satellite operators for earth observation, in-orbit services and IoT, to launcher companies and software integrators.
Having raised so far 8.5M€, and backed by world-class VC firms such as Karista and 42CAP, we are building an ambitious, diverse and international company with respect and ownership at the core. Today with a team of 25 (13 nationalities!), we are scaling up quickly to reach 50 by 2023, with the goal of further developing the platform and bringing it to the global space market.
We are based in Strasbourg, France, a beautiful and vibrant city that offers a rich culture, easy access to nature and a fast-growing startup scene. Strasbourg is a highly international city, host of the European institutions, and located at the heart of Europe, near Germany and Switzerland.
We are looking for enthusiastic folks who want to make an impact, come join us!
We are recruiting a Cloud Architect with in-depth experience in AWS infrastructure deployment and management.
Your mission at Leanspace:
- You will play a key role in our R&D activities, in direct collaboration with the CTO and VP Engineering, to deliver and monitor our cloud platform.
- You will lead the set up and monitoring of our cloud infrastructure, primarily on AWS.
- You will work with the CTO to architect, design and deliver new infrastructure solutions as required for new platform features being built by our team. You will therefore have a hybrid role — primarily in operations in delivering our platform, but also in developing new features with the team.
- You will play a key role in assisting other developers with their feature design, to ensure it is maintainable, deployable and monitorable.
- Expertise in AWS infrastructure deployment and management. AWS Certified DevOps Engineer qualified.
- Expertise in infrastructure monitoring, with any tool like Datadog, New Relic, Splunk, etc.
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery practices.
- Ability to review infrastructure-as-a-code from other developers, help mentor junior developers.
- Code management tools: git, jira, bitbucket, etc.
- Experience working in Agile Scrum teams.
- Experience or interest in progressing to a team leadership position.
- Interest for the space sector.
- Fluent in English.
- Based in, or willing to relocate to the Strasbourg area (including nearby German or Swiss cities)
- Experience with Java Spring microservices is an asset.
- Experience with Azure, GCP or other cloud providers
- Experience with Kubernetes.
- Exposure to the space sector and understanding of the challenges of space mission
- You are based in, or willing to relocate to the Strasbourg
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS JOB
We can promise:
- Our co-workers are a close-knit, intelligent, and awesome team
- We are a fast-growth space tech startup; you will have a direct impact on the future of space!
- We are developing a highly innovative software, which will disrupt the space industry, and that will manage satellites, rockets, lunar and deep-space missions
- A stock options plan that will make you a shareholder and reap the financial benefit of our success
- An open mind for new ideas and innovation, your voice will be heard!
- We provide assistance to relocation and help with the visa process
- A family-friendly environment, flexibility in working hours and the possibility to work remotely part of the time