Leanspace is a European space company which has built the first cloud platform for space missions. Our cloud services enable aerospace engineers to easily build powerful cloud-native software and to migrate space systems to the cloud. Our customers are some of the hottest NewSpace companies in the world, and also large established space organizations, ranging from satellite operators for earth observation, in-orbit services and IoT, to launcher companies and software integrators.
Having raised so far 8.5M€, and backed by world-class VC firms such as Karista and 42CAP, we are building an ambitious, diverse and international company with respect and ownership at the core. Today with a team of 25 (13 nationalities!), we are scaling up quickly to reach 50 by 2023, with the goal of further developing the platform and bringing it to the global space market.
We are based in Strasbourg, France, a beautiful and vibrant city that offers a rich culture, easy access to nature and a fast-growing startup scene. Strasbourg is a highly international city, host of the European institutions, and located at the heart of Europe, near Germany and Switzerland.
We are looking for enthusiastic folks who want to make an impact, come join us!
We are recruiting a number of skilled Space Operations and Ground Segment engineers. We are looking for people with solid experience in implementing ground segment systems, from either a software, systems engineering, AIT or project management perspective. Specific experience with ground segment architecture, payload data processing, ground network operations, spacecraft operations, flight dynamics, or automation is a great advantage. However, the main trait we are looking for is a passion to innovate and to do things differently. Our key success criteria will be your ability to take your current know-how and grow fast with us.
Your mssion at Leanspace
- Research & Development, to further build the product and keep inventing
- Product Management, to shape the future of our product based on market needs and on your own bold visions, driving development teams through a Scrum-based agile process
- Solutions Architecture, to support our customers designing innovative ground segment solutions using our cloud technology,
- Customer Success, to work hand-in-hand with our customers on a long-term partnership, helping them achieve their technical and business goals,
- Business Development & Sales, to help take Leanspace to market and evangelize the space industry on the future of space engineering.
If you are a talented engineer with some business acumen, and if you have been looking for an opportunity to grow your career in an exciting and rewarding company, don’t look further. Leanspace will enable you to grow, from technical roles to more business-focussed roles, to leadership positions, or to diverse parts of the space industry.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant engineering field, and at least 3 years of experience in the Space industry.
- Experience with ground segment engineering, as a developer of software systems (e.g. satellite control, mission planning, flight dynamics, ground network management, simulation frameworks, automation, constellation management, etc.), as a system engineer, or as a User of such ground segment systems
- Fluent in English.
- Based in, or willing to relocate in the Strasbourg area (including nearby German or Swiss cities)
- If you have been exposed to both established and NewSpace organisations.
- If you have worked in a product-based company before.
- If you have experience with cloud concepts: AWS, Azure, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- If you have experience working with Agile teams and software tools (e.g. jira, git, bitbucket).
- If you can come to the interview with at least 2 ideas of what can be done better for the ground segments of 2025
- If you are great at playing strategy games 😉
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS JOB
We can promise:
- Our co-workers are a close-knit, intelligent, and awesome team
- We are a fast-growth space tech startup; you will have a direct impact on the future of space!
- We are developing a highly innovative software, which will disrupt the space industry, and that will manage satellites, rockets, lunar and deep-space missions
- A stock options plan that will make you a shareholder and reap the financial benefit of our success
- An open mind for new ideas and innovation, your voice will be heard!
- We provide assistance to relocation and help with the visa process
- A family-friendly environment, flexibility in working hours and the possibility to work remotely part of the time