Leanspace is a European space company which has built the first cloud platform for space missions. Our cloud services enable aerospace engineers to easily build powerful cloud-native software and to migrate space systems to the cloud. Our customers are some of the hottest NewSpace companies in the world, and also large established space organizations, ranging from satellite operators for earth observation, in-orbit services and IoT, to launcher companies and software integrators.
Having raised so far around 10M€, and backed by world-class VC firms such as Karista and 42CAP, we are building an ambitious, diverse and international company with respect and ownership at the core. Today with a team of 40 (20 nationalities!), we are scaling up quickly the business by further developing the platform and bringing it to the global space market.
We are based near Strasbourg, we are the first company in the region to build a space and software technology excellence hub.
We are looking for enthusiastic folks who want to make an impact, come join us!
We are recruiting 3 junior Java Developer interns who want to specialize in cloud-native microservice development using the Spring Framework. You will work with many tools including Java, Spring, Maven, and Docker to build components and features for our cloud software platform. You will learn many things from hands-on Java coding practices, to the latest AWS cloud technologies.
We expect you to have some experience with Java software development. You will be mentored and coached by Intermediate and Senior developers to learn the latest cloud technologies.
We hope you have some experience and understanding of the following technologies:
- Java development: i.e. Java 11, IntelliJ, Maven, Nexus
- Container development: i.e. Docker.
- Spring Boot, Spring JPA, Hibernate, unit test and mocking frameworks.
- REST-based microservice development and API design, i.e., Swagger, OpenAPI and JWT.
- Some database back-ends: i.e., mySQL, Postgresql
- Code management tools: git, jira, bitbucket, etc.
- Interest in the space sector.
- Fluent in English.
- Living in, or willing to relocate to Strasbourg.
- Experience with AWS development, especially cloudformation, ECS, is an asset.
- Exposure to the space sector and understanding of the challenges of space mission
We have 3 positions and research topics available:
- Research and development of a component-based data processing chain for spacecraft data, which is configurable to run independently in docker containers. The components must be part of a common framework. The component library will provide data processing tools for standard space communication protocols, such as CCSDS, CSP and others, as well as providing additional functional needs such as encryption and decryption. You will be responsible for developing one or more components, enabling you to learn java data processing technologies, as well as Space-domain data protocols.
- Research and development of Space mission plan modeling, and data processing features. This will be a project focussed on representing a mission plan, generating a mission plan based on a simple rules-based algorithm, and then validating feasibility of the generated mission plan. You will be responsible for developing one or more of these algorithms, enabling you to learn java modeling, as well as Space mission planning concepts.
- Research and development of Spacecraft telemetry data monitoring system, using rules-based algorithms to detect data anomalies and trigger alarms in downstream systems. A key focus will be on integrations with these downstream systems, which would include many industry-leading incident management and reporting tools. You will be responsible for one or more of these integrations, enabling you to deepen your java skills and learn key DevOps reliability engineering concepts.
- Create software that will be used operationally to design, build and fly satellites, rockets, and lunar missions. You will have a direct impact on the future of space exploration.
- Experience life in a fast-growth tech startup – the best way to fast-track your career.