Make Your Mark in the Space Industry!
At Leanspace, a pioneering European space company, we are not just building a software platform; we are crafting the future of space missions. With our groundbreaking cloud services, aerospace engineers are revolutionising the way we integrate, test and operate satellites. Our client base ranges from cutting-edge NewSpace ventures to established players, running space programs to monitor Earth, provide internet or IoT connectivity from space, bring satellites to orbit, remove space debris… and many other exciting use cases.
Our team of 35+ members representing 17 nationalities is the driving force behind our success. Having raised €10m so far from top-tier investors and being backed by the French government and European institutions, we are on an ambitious journey to reshape the global space market.
We are expanding our business rapidly, and we need your expertise to further innovate our platform. Our team is based in Strasbourg, France, a beautiful and vibrant city that offers a rich culture, easy access to nature and a fast-growing startup scene. Strasbourg is a highly international city, host of the European institutions, and located at the heart of Europe, near Germany and Switzerland.
Be Part of something Bigger
As a Java full-stack engineer you will be part of a cross-functional squad, consisting of other engineers, DevOps, QA and a product owner. Your squad will be responsible for developing a set of our services. You will work closely with the Product Manager, providing your insights and ideas as part of the agile ceremonies that frame our 3-week sprints. You will together with the rest of the squad implement new features end-to-end, making sure the updates to the Java stack backend are reflected in the Web based frontend. In addition you will help maintain and evolve existing services already used in production by our clients. You will become part of the cross squad backend chapter, sharing lessons learned and help develop ideas for how we can become even better in engineering great software.
You will actively contribute to our startup mindset, where we value candid feedback, continuous learning, and efficient habits, and help your colleagues become their very best selves. They will do the same for you.
What We Are Looking For
Your experience matters:
- 5+ years experience as a developer: i.e. Java 17, JVM, IntelliJ, Maven, Nexus, React.js, react-query, JSX, ES6 and Typescript
- Container development and management: i.e. Docker, ECS, Kubernetes
- Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Spring JPA, Spring security
- REST-based microservice development and API design, i.e. Swagger, OpenAPI and JWT
- Solid Written and Spoken English
- Living in, or willing to relocate to Strasbourg
Bonus points for:
- Code management tools: git, jira, github
- Ability to review code from other developers and understanding of quality code
- Experience with AWS development, especially cloudformation, ECS, is an asset
- Multiple database back-ends: i.e., mySQL, Postgresql, OpenSearch
- Messaging and streaming systems: i.e., Apache Kafka, JMS, AWS SQS
- CSS, LESS or SASS
- Ant Design, Material UI and other component library experience
- Experience with Quarkus, Micronaut
- Experience in reactive programming
- Hibernate, Flyway, unit test and mocking frameworks
- Big data technologies: i.e. noSQL, stream processing
- Good understanding of how messaging and streams systems work
- Exposure to the space sector and understanding of the challenges of space mission
Why You will Love Working With Us
- Be part of a fast-growing startup and accelerate your career
- Influence space exploration directly through your work on satellites, rockets, and lunar missions
- Enjoy a family-friendly environment, flexibility in working hours, and the possibility to work remotely two days a week
- Assistance with relocation and help with the visa process if needed
- Private health insurance (Alan)
- Meal vouchers (Swile)
- Subsidies for commuting costs
- Close-knit culture with many social activities and team events